LatitudeLat 37� 30' 50'' N
LongitudeLong 15� 6' 21'' E
Telephone 2095 382995
Addresspiazza Europa snc
Useful NumbersFederico: (+39) 335 7485248; Ezio: 335 7485247;
Minimum Draught1 m
Maximum Draught3 m
Port Entrance Times24h/24
Max Boat Length25 m
Near Anchoragesport of Catania
Weather Forecast Service
Further ServicesCoffee bar and laundry
Ports and Yachting Services in Sicily
Porto Rossi is situated in the city of Catania, near Piazza Europa. The M.E.C. Auto di Rossi P & c SNC, better known as "Porto Rossi", was built in 1961 by Pietro Rossi who desired to create a specific exclusive area entirely dedicated to yachting.
So, an old terrible landfill, known as "caito", characterized by several natural gorges shaped by the lava flows of 1300 and 1600 were converted into an enchanting modern port.
Today, Porto Rossi is equipped with 250 berths (250 in the dry dock and 200 aground) for boats from 5 up to 25 metres.
The port offers the following services
- Draft from 2.50 metres
- Filling station
- Mooring assistance and dry dock
- Slipway with cranes up to 40 tons
- Garage for mechanical repairs
- Refitting of fiberglass and wooden hulls
- Hull cleaning
- Anti-fouling paint application and anti-osmosi treatments
- Coffee bar, toilets an showers
- Electric charging columns (220 V)
- Laundry service
- Helycopter services
- Collection of sewage and used ois
- Scusa divers
- On-board wellness services
The entrance channel to the port is marked by some buoys; in winter, pay attention to occasional rocky banks.